Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wrinkled

teal shirt dress, sears | chambray button-down, joe fresh | black/wooden heels, payless
not pictured: black hunters (for walking to & from the bus stop)



accessories: black scarf, h&m {gifted} | black polka dot tights, joe fresh

little stinker knows exactly where to stand when I get my "tripod" (really tall candle holder) out..  haha.. she sat there for a solid 5 minutes and I was able to catch this shot.. :)  
Oh hi there.. :)
So note to self: don't try to get decent outfit shots after sitting at a desk in a linen dress all day.  
*mental note made*

I'm sorry I'm so wrinkly.
It's really just a metaphor for today.  
It's like this:  I really don't have anything to complain about and all in all, it was a pretty good day.
It's the same with this outfit.  From a distance and overview, it's a cute outfit and all is fine and well.

But then you look closer.
My day: snow/raining on my way to the bus stop (really it was that way for the whole day), bus was late, it was cold, the novelty has worn off already, still learning all the in's and out's at work, a wee bit stressed, feel like my brain is at capacity, missed my bus home, had to wait a half hour for the next one, etc, etc
My outfit: totally and completely wrinkled in every imaginable spot, tights are snagged, major pit stains (sweat from the stress, I'm sure. sorry, TMI?  I'm just keepin it real...) and my collar and scarf are all wonky (not pictured, because they were really awful shots).. 

Anyway, that metaphor took about all the remaining amount of my brain power, so I'm going to leave you with that.  Pit stains and all. 

Now I'm off to the gym.  Let's see if I can regain some momentum in my day here.. 

I'm usually not such a 'debbie downer" (I'm sorry to all you Debbie's out there that are not downers at all), but seriously I'm ready for this week to be over.  I just tell myself it's the weather.  (Although this time, I actually believe it).

All that aside, happy hump day my friends!
Stay cheery.. if ya can... 

xo ~ Jessica


No comments: