Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mildly Freaking Out... :) (in a good way)

Hey everyone! :)

I know, 2 posts in one day.. can you even imagine!  And this one has nothing to do with the 30x30 even! That quite possibly could be even more shocking... haha..

Anyway, I just wanted to get this blog post up because I have acquired a certain item in my life now and I just feel very grateful to have it and so, therefore, I wanted to share it with you guys.

I just became the owner of a vintage, working, in-amazing-condition 1968 (well, that's what the manual says anyway) Singer sewing machine.  

You guys.  It's beautiful.  Not a mark on it.  Gleaming, really.  In all it's vintage glory.

Now if you remember this post I briefly mentioned I wanted to learn how to sew.  So you can imagine how thrilled I am to have this beautiful machine a part of my crafting life now.  For real, though.  I am ecstatic!  It's late and I didn't want to get snapping pictures tonight, but I definitely will tomorrow and post them up here... I cannot wait for you all to see this beauty... It is really everything I could ever ask for in a vintage (albeit, basic.. but that is seriously ok with me!) sewing machine.  I am so so so excited to get to work on learning all about it!

My mind is a whirl with the endless possibilities that I can create now that I have a sewing machine.  Cute drapes, pillow coverings, basic clothing alteration's and fun DIY's... oh man, I am stoked!  

But here is the best part:  
It was given to me.

I am so grateful to my sister-in-law, Candace, who thought of me when a co-worker of her's was simply giving this machine away.  SO grateful.
Thank you thank you thank you one million times, Candace... I don't even feel worthy to own it, really.  
But it will definitely inspire me to learn and motivate me to put it to good use!  I think this thing still has some good years left it 'er!  :)

Ok, that's all I wanted to share with you..  I will definitely put up photos tomorrow!  :)  Hope your Friday night was great!

xo ~ Jessica

PS I came in last tonight in Dutch Blitz, in case any of you were wondering.  I had a brutal night in the blitzing of the dutch.  :(  Ah well, good thing I have my new-to-me sewing machine to console me... :P


No comments: