Thursday, April 26, 2012

Emotional Barometer

teal shirt dress, sears | black blazer, dalia {thifted} | black/wooden heels, payless




accessories: grey tights, winners | grey studded belt, joe fresh 
Today my (brand new) boss took me and my office manager out for lunch.  And gave me chocolates.  All because it's Professionals Administration Week.  I've been working for him for 8 days.  I can't WAIT to see what I get after a month or better yet, a year. :)

No, I kid I kid... I know it's just the timing that I was hired, but still, it was mildly awkward because I hardly know these people and here we are sitting in Redstone, eating spinach salad and halibut fish cakes.

But we ended up having a really nice conversation.  We talked about our personalities, houses (boss man just bought a new house) and design.  We are all verrry different, but it's good... it's exactly what I need, so I'll take it.  Both my boss and office manager are straight-shooters and not super emotional people, so I'm interested to see where I fit in... 

Judy (my office manager) and I had a great conversation about our personalities yesterday and it kind of carried over into lunch today.  I confessed to her (yesterday) that I am the kind of person that needs everyone around me to happy/stress-free/ok before I can be happy/stress-free/ok.  At lunch she declared me the  "Emotional Barometer" (haha) for the office.  

Oh dear.  Is that something I want the boss knowing after 8 days of employment?  I'm not sure.  Oh well.  Might as well get it all out there.  The sooner the better, right :)

Other than divulging deep dark secrets about our personalities, work has been going great.  Everyday I have to remind myself of the learning curve.  I have never been in a position where I've had to get things accomplished at work as I learn.  My brain needs lots of breaks, let's just put it that way. :)  But honestly, it is going really well and I am thoroughly enjoying what I am learning.  I told Judy I need a "that was easy" Staples button to press when something clicks in my head, because that is honestly how I feel! haha..

Well, I am off to convince Tyler to take me out for supper.  After that awesome lunch I am still in a serious-no-cook mode. :)  Wish me luck.

You guys. TWO DAYS LEFT.  two days.  

xo ~ Jessica   

No comments: