Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sewing Machine Love

khaki tunic, old navy {gifted} | black leggings, joe fresh | long coral cardi, joe fresh | black hunters {gifted}

accessories: wool cream knee socks, h&m | black belt, payless
not pictured: black flower hair clip, le chateau
 Happy Saturday!
We just got back from a breakfast date at Cora's!  Yummy!  Has anyone ate there before?  It's Tyler's favourite. :)  Mine too, but he's just a bigger breakfast lover than me, so his opinion holds a bit more weight. haha.. 
The rest of my day involves Superstore and a lengthy grocery list, but I wanted to get these pictures up before I left.. 
You guys, meet my new sewing machine!  Isn't she pretty?!  I love her already and I haven't even used her! Yes, it's a "she".  I will probably even name her.  Something that starts with 'S' and flows with Singer.  Any suggestions?  :)

Anyway, if there are any veteran/long-time sewers out there, I'd love for you to chime in and tell me what you think!  I'm no expert and to my rookie eye, it looks to be in good condition.  Apparently, the original owner is an extremely particular lady and she took very good care of it.  And Candace told me to take it to our local sewing shop in town and the owner would know the machine because it's the only person she'd allow to work on it!  So that's all very good news... :)  Anyway, have a look for yourself and let me know what ya think!

bronze checkin things out....

"helping" mommy....

blurry.. but i'm so excited!!!  can you tell!?  :)

the front

the back

the different stitches it does as well as a work light, i think (?)



1968


So there you have it!  I cannot not wait to get to work on my first project..  I'm thinking this might be a simple enough project for my first one...  and it's super cute too!  What do you think?

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday; I'm off to battle the weekend crowds at Superstore.  And I solemnly swear that Joe Fresh will not distract me. :)

xo ~ Jessica 

2 comments:

Jenna Dick said...

Sally Singer. Sounds like 1960's to me.

Or Suzi.

:)

-L said...

gorgeous. just gorgeous. my advice.... take an introductory sewing class. self-teaching works.... but it can be very frustrating:) my first skirt.... looked like a pillow case. no joke.
I never wore it.