Thursday, April 12, 2012

Working Girl

army green skirt, joe fresh | neon yellow tee, suzy sheir | leopard print flats, stitches


awful attempt to show you my hair clip....  ya... not sure what i was doing.. great shot of my top knot, though! :P

don't fall! 

accessories: brown tights, joe fresh | leather belt, thifted | flower hair clip, h&m
not pictured: black trench coat, joe fresh | mustard pashima, le chateau | cream purse, online from Jupe
Hello again work force!  Oh, how I've missed you!
Well, isn't that just a lovely, heartfelt reunion?!  :)
Truth is, I kinda feel that way... I submitted my resume with Manpower on Monday and I had a one-day assignment today, temping with an oilfield company to answer the phones.  I used to work for an oilfield company a few years ago and I have to say - I missed it!  I love the hustle and bustle (although it's a little slower right now with spring break-up) and the good mix of people that you get to interact with throughout the day...  It felt good to be part of something productive! :)  
Even though the phones were very quiet today.  So I didn't feel so productive.  But you know what I mean....

Anyway, today was just a little day, 8:30-2:30, which to be honest, after not working for 2 1/2 weeks, that did me just fine! haha.. 
So, this is what I wore on my first day back in the work force.. and I felt a little dressed up.  Considering the all the office staff wore jeans and sweaters..... ah well, *shrugs*, I like dressing up.  :) That's just me.
Speaking of sweaters, in full disclosure of the 30x30 rules, I dipped into my other clothes to pull out a black cardi and take it with me to the office in case the reception area was a bit chilly or something..... yikes.... I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.. but hey, I did take it off for these pictures, just to keep it all fair and legit.
We'll say I wore it for the sake of my career.  That's enough to break challenge rules, right?  I think so.  ;)

As for my interview yesterday.... well, it actually didn't happen.  The woman I was suppose to meet with ended up being in meetings all afternoon, so it's postponed to 11:30 tomorrow morning.  
Now there's all this build-up and I'm super nervous! haha.. My heart rate is increasing right now, as I'm thinking about it and anticipating it..  And of course, I'm stressing about what to wear.  When I look back at what I was wearing yesterday, I can't believe I was going to wear that!  It looks way too casual now, in my mind.  
And now that I've relapsed once into my closet (dang you, black cardi!), I want to use this interview as an excuse to pull something else out of my clothes that are in limbo right now... 
But no...
Because wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the 30x30? I think so!  So often we think we need to go out and buy something (or in my case, "shop" the rest of my closet) when something major comes up, whether it be a wedding, interview or some other special occasion.  And while it is certainly awesome to indulge in new clothes for special occasions (I've done it tons, who am I to judge?!), at the same time, I love the challenge of embracing what is available to me right here, right now.  I have two blazers, a collared dress, 3 professional-attire (ish) skirts, as well as 2 blouses, a knit sweater and a few other items that would be interview-appropriate.  Surely, I can put together something.  So, I'm just gonna leave it at that.  
Bring it (temporary, 30-item), closet.  I so got this. :)

Wow, I am super wordy today.. thanks for sticking around to the end.. haha.. and because I know you are ALL on the edge of your seats, be sure to check back to tomorrow's real interview outfit... ;)

Have a wonderful evening my dear friends... I seriously love all of you guys that stop by and read a little piece of my world... :)  You're the best!

xo ~ Jessica

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I don't think you looked too casual in yesterday's outfit. Waiting to see what you wore for the interview and more importantly what the result of the interview is. Waiting, waiting........

Debbie