Thursday, May 26, 2011

8x30: Humidity


DAY EIGHT!

It's been so wonderfully rainy this week... I am certainly ready for some sunshine now, but I cannot get over how green everything is in our beautiful city! Thanks, liquid sunshine!! Coming down the big hill into downtown... oooohhh, I should really stop and take a picture.. it's gorgeous! Pretty much all the trees are green and leafy now and the lawns around town look like velvety rolls of emerald carpet... hmm, I just love it!
But naturally, with the rain, comes extra humidity in the air. Which I secretly kinda love, even though the volume of my already-thick-hair doubles.. :o) Here's why: I pretend that I live in a coastal city as I go about my day instead of the small prairie town that I currently reside in.. :o) I do, I really do! I have these conversations in my head with my husband asking him if he wants to meet for fish and chips after work by the water and then maybe we could take a walk on the wharf... haha! These little mind fantasies are even better when a gull just happens to be flying overhead.. totally adds to it.. :o)
I'm so lame, seriously; why do I even let these fantasies escape my mind for you all to read? I really wonder sometimes..........

ANYWAY! On with the outfit!


THE DETAILS:

Yup, knee highs with my heels. Love it. :o)


Skinny cognac belt.... :o) Best $6 purchase I've made this month!





Outfit-du-Jour #8:


- black linen shirt dress

- white v-neck tee

- yellow cardi

- cognac skinny belt

- black knee highs

- cognac heels

- saddle brown purse (not pictured)




And guys, I'm super excited for some posts coming up! There's a fitness challenge involved inspired by The Evil Capri's... my goal: to fit into them in 6 weeks! And I have fitness buddy who will be doing the challenge with me and also doing some guest posts, which I am pumped about!! So more on that! Plus a little tribute to a very special monument that Tyler and I hit this year! MORE TO COME!!




Hope you are all having a superb (a word not used much anymore! Let's bring it back!!) evening! I am off to an open house hosted by some friends of ours and their business... it's a health and beauty open house which means free facials and beauty gift bag! Yay!


And then gym time. The Evil Capri's are mocking. You're going down, EC! *insert mean face*




See you all later!


xo ~ Jess

1 comment:

Annamarie said...

Yay so excited for the fitness challenge!!! You will be getting an email from me this weekend! Evil capris be gone!:)