However, I did accomplish one milestone today.
We've been homeowners for almost five years now and this is the (so embarrassing) the first year I got flower planters and took some interest in my yard! Is that not pathetic?! My mom loves gardening and her flower beds, but I did not inherit that from her at all... and it kind of makes me sad... I wish I were more of get-into-the-mud-don't-worry-about-dirt-under-your-fingernails kind of girl.. and had a really savvy green thumb...
Alas, I do not. But! Maybe this summer of tending to my three little flower planters will sprout (haha) the green thumb in me... I'm hopeful.. :o)
So for the occasion today, I put a flower in my hair. I thought it was fitting. :o)
Today I was going to wear my off-white capri's with this top and these sandals. When I went to put on aforementioned capri's - - - - - they did not fit.
What the heck, RW & Co.???? I have an assortment of bottoms in my closest that are a smaller size than the number on your capri pant's tag that fit me just fine! ARGH! I know, sizes vary store to store, but wowzers!
I know all this stuff. I really do. I was just super bummed with this little (or big.. ha! ohhh, I love self-deprecating humour) experience...
So! Now you know! hahah! Any personal stories you guys wanna share with me!? "Personal" is how I roll, baby. :o)
Ok, let's get on with Day 4, shall we?
PS I took all these outfit photos after my mental meltdown. :P
Costco has the best Garden Center right now. Affordable and already planted for me. *fist pump* YES! Love that!
I got two of these planters (above)...
...and I got one of these planters!
We had a special visitor tonight! I love love love this shot of Uncle Tyler and little Max. Uber cute.
"This is how I roll, baby."
Wow. That was a rant of a blog post if I ever saw one. :o)
Thanks for reading though.... I must say though: feels good to get that off my chest. :o) You guys are the best listeners ever. Muah.
I hope you all have a safe and super fun long weekend! Thanks to all the campers and RV'ers out there who are breaking in the parks and campgrounds for the up coming summer months! You're truly troopers to brave the highways and (as always) the possibility of inclement weather.. :o)
xo ~ Jess






1 comment:
Can totally relate to your post! I think we have all had moments like that- not fun! But you do look great just how you are! Love your flowers- I need to make a trip into Costco!
Post a Comment