Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day Twenty-Seven: Looking Into My Last Week!

I had this outfit planned in my head for a while.. :o)

The only thing holding me back..? Laundry. ha!

So, with that chore accomplished yesterday, I was finally able to put it all together! Yay!

I think it needs something else, though. Like a belt. I'm imagining with a certain belt, but I don't have said belt, so this will just have to do.

I am getting so excited to have the rest of my closet back. I was reading an interesting post on "Kendi Everyday".. (she's the brains behind this challenge, by the way. She is amazing and has unreal style... check her out here: http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/)

She mentioned that once your 30 days is up, going back to your closet will be like "winning the lottery"... for one month, you had nothing but 30 items to chose from. And now, a whole closet full of clothes faces you. She advises: Go slow. Don't forget what you learned in the challenge and apply those rules to your whole closet now. I don't know if my closet is worthy of the lottery metaphor (ha!) but I understand what she is saying... One thing I do know for sure: I'm not sure if I will be wearing anything I've worn in the past month in the upcoming 2-3 weeks.. those bad boys need a break!! :o)


I am starting to compile the things I learned on a list... in my head. I really should write them down so I can have something to go back if I'm ever stumped and starring into my closet, thinking - I have nothing to wear. Because I do have something to wear. All it takes is a little imagination and a lot of planning... (can't stress that enough!!) Anyway, I'm going to get ahead of myself here, so I will save all these thoughts for the "What I Learned"post... Goodness me, I am getting so excited for April 1, you have no idea!!! :D :D

So - back to today's good ol' ODJ:


- black satin pencil skirt

- white ruffled button down

- mustard tee

- I have no idea how to describe these tights, so I am just going to say "swirly-design black tights" (and they're really not even tights. My bare skin shows through. Let's call them stockings. Hahaha. Stockings.)

- black patent T-straps


Just another relaxing Sunday afternoon at the Brake household.. I was going to take Bronze for a walk, but she is so cute snoring away on her fluffy little bed in the corner of the living room... why would I disrupt that? It would be like Tyler, hauling me out of bed, no time to wake-up, shake the cobwebs out and stretch and then saying to me, "Come on! Let's go for a walk! Come on, girl! Let's go! You wanna go for a walk? Yes, you do!! Yes, you do! Oh you're a good girl, aren't you?? Yes, you are, ohyesyourare... come on! Let's go!" (How's that for puppy talk?? haha)

I would not be appreciative of that at all.

I'm sure my dog would be a bit more receptive to the idea (oh my, does she love her walks! We have SPELL the word out, so she doesn't hear us say it, because if she does... oh my goodness.. it's all yipping and bounding and running to the door and back to us and then to the door and then back to us and then letting out several joyful barks and then looking up at the shelf in the closet where her leash is and oh my, I'm sure you get the picture... haha) than me, but still... she just looks a-way-too-comfty for me to spoil that blissed-out nap she's having..


Wow. This is a long post today. I'm gonna wrap it up. Thanks for sticking around, if you did. If you didn't, I understand. :o)


Catch ya on the flip side! (I googled that saying, by the way!! It's too long of an explanation for this post though. Another time. Because I know you are all waiting, with breath that is 'bated.)

*as if, Jessica* :o)


Bye for now!

xo Jess

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I like this one! I totally agree about the belt! I have enjoyed your blog so much! And I must thank thee for blog inspiration! Have a great week beautiful!
Ps... I have another shirt for you!