Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day I-Don't-Even-Know-Anymore: I'm Pretty Sure This Outfit DOES NOT Work

I'm not sure why I thought this would work. Maybe it's just because the camera doesn't lie. I've read many-a-posts of other fashion bloggers who have run into the dreaded battle of the mirror vs. the camera. You kinda see what you want in the mirror and if you turn enough ways, eventually it works in your mind. But not on the camera. It is unashamedly honest. And it told me today that this head band, this belt and those shoes don't work together. I think the outfit would have worked better if I minus-ed the headband. It's got such a girly, vintage vibe to it and the rest of the outfit is kind of earthy.. with the brown tights, cord skirt and woven belt... anywho!! I digress. Too late now. :o)

And the hair. Ohmigoodness. This is so out of my element for me! No loose side pieces!! Nothing to hide behind!! Another realization: I am beyond pale. I'm practically translucent. Come on spring. Come on spring. I clearly (hahaha) need some sunshine.

My apologies for Bronze mooning you all. She doesn't understand camera angles and timing and such. She's learning though. ;o)

"Why's you always wanna be in the pictures with mommy??" (Say in your best puppy voice)
Oh ya! haha! The breakdown! Almost forgot!

30th ODJ:

-olive green cord skirt

-white ruffled button down

-everyday brown cami on underneath, which kinda makes my white shirt look muddy, if I'm being completely honest here. Which I am. :o)

-brown-and-gold woven belt

-brown tights

-mustard yellow mary jane pumps

-white headband that belongs with another outfit

"Oh, you just come here! You're mommy's favourite, aren't you?? Yes, you are!! Ohyesyouare!"


And I'm out. Must run back to work.

Guess what everybody? Tomorrow's my last day. Are you as sick of my mug as I am?? :o)


1 comment:

Jesse said...

Jess,
I love this outfit! I like the whole Jackie O thing you got goin on too. One more day?!?! I will miss it! Love ya!
xoxo
Jess