Monday, June 6, 2011

Get-Fit Week #1 Recap: Cardio

So Week Numero Uno has drawn to a close and I'm just sitting at the kitchen table and reflecting a bit on a few things that happened... They were good things and things that I thought I would never be able to say I would do... :)


First off, I bought a scale. hahah... That's not one of things that I thought I would never do.. That's something that I've been meaning to do for a long time, actually.. So, finally! :) I had just been weighing myself at the gym for the time being, but it's nice to have one at home now and not have to awkwardly line up for the scale at the gym, take off my shoes, leave my sweaty footprints on the scale, etc, etc... :)


So, now onto the nitty-gritty...

My starting weight: 150 lbs. (whaaaa??? ack!)

My weight after week one: 144.8 lbs

Down: 5.2 lbs.


It's a good feeling.. But also, I have tackled things (like running intervals and doing hour long cardio segments) that I never dreamed I could do. And you know what? I think I found my main reason for the challenge: I want to conquer things I have always told myself I hated or couldn't do. That's truly overcoming fear, right? :)


Example One: I always thought I looked so funny when I ran. There are always mirrors everywhere at gyms and I would feel so self-conscious about the way I ran and my form.. or lack thereof. But I've been tackling interval running and absolutely loving it! What? Yes! I am serious! And because I love it, I suddenly don't even care what I look like when I run.

Big hairy pickles. It's the way I run. Get over yourself, Jessica. :)

*Yaaayyyyy to little victories


That to me means a million times more to me than any number of pounds or inches I could lose... :)


So, now instead of dreading cardio when I go to the gym, it's one of the things I look forward to the most. Even just typing that sentence out, makes me go... whattt? Are you for real, girl!? YES! I am for real!


So on that note, I am off to the gym! :) Week one was awesome and I pumped up for week two!


What are your goals or fears you'd like to overcome when it comes to fitness and/or nutrition? Do share! :)


Till next time

xo ~ Jess

4 comments:

CS said...

Wow! And, here I thought I could join in on this fitness challenge - have been working out Monday through Friday ... but over 5 lbs in ONE WEEK .. unbelievable. I'm afraid I cheer over 1 lb! But, sounds like you are pushing yourself harder .. so MAYBE I could try that (something I hate and think I can't do)! Keep it up!!

Annamarie said...

Wow awesome week 1 results!!! You are braver then me putting your weight up for everyone to see!!! Keep it up and think how good you will feel in 5 more weeks!!

Jesse said...

Way to go Jess! Thats amazing! I actually forget what cardio is! Wonder if waddling is considered cardio? Keep up the good work gorgeous!

Colleen said...

We don't have a ton of mirrors at the gym so I can only see myself when I'm on a few treadmills and man I think my form is awful when I'm on them and then don't workout as well. The other treadmills are better for me. I'm glad you got your small victory.