Well, the weekend is drawing to a close and it's back to work, back to the grind, back to another week... I always get a major case of the Sunday night blues.. Sunday is always so relaxing and peaceful and calm for me and I just want to hold onto that. It always seems Monday comes roaring in with such a vengeance! Like "BAM - here I am!"
Anyway, I've got about 15 minutes before I start getting ready for bed, so I thought I would end my weekend off right by blogging! Here is some pictures of the progress we made this weekend with unpacking and getting organized.. it's not much, but bit-by-bit, box-by-box, bag-by-bag; we'll get there. :)
So I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but we have ZERO STORAGE options in this house. We are going to be doing fairly extensive renovations in about two years to the house, so we are just trying to utilize what came with the house and what storage options we have. ie: We're gonna be super cheap on whatever we do decided to do to the house because we know it's all gonna change in a couple years anyway. :P
When I looked at what seemed to be taking up the most space in our living room (as far as unpacked boxes went) it was linens, quilts, comforters and pillows. And towels.
Generally a linen closet is where you would put those items, but we don't have one. No where. Not in the bathroom, not in the hallway, no where. Boo.
But in the laundry room, there are these two shelving units that came with the house. Bingo! Linens are going in the laundry room! They are super cheap, super old and super groddie (haha) but after a good scrubbing and some shelves liners, I think it looks a lot better. :)
That brown shelving unit was in front of the washer and dryer before giving me about a foot of space to open the doors and load laundry. So it immediately got moved. :) Yay for more elbow room! And then I slid the white cabinet over beside it because it seemed to make the most sense to have shelving all together.
After a good vacuum and scrub-down...
Yay! More space in front of the washer and dryer!
Getting the linens put in..
Blankets and quits on the bottom shelf..
The washer and dryer unit..
There is still much much much to do.. I want to set up a little ironing area with a nice cushioned mat for standing on, plus a fun rug to cover the hideous concrete floor as well as a few more details.. but at least it's started! Yay progress!
Now on to the living room... it looks so much better now that the linens have been moved out and found a home! The whole couch is now "sittable" and Tyler set up my desk behind the couch, which is where it will be for now. However, all our art, picture frames and mirrors are on it, so it will be a while before it becomes usable.. haha..
Love that evening sun!
I am very stumped on how to style/set-up this room.. we have my hope chest (currently behind the couch, in front of my desk) that we still need to decide where it is going to go.. I kind of want to use it as a coffee table and put the ottomans elsewhere... but we'll see.. Even though we aren't going to be starting renovations for a couple of years, I would still like the space to be ours and make it unique and fun! I just have to be super creative and "work with what we have".. motto of my life these last few weeks.. haha.. :)
Anyway, sorry this isn't a very exciting post, but we're getting there... I can't wait to show you a completed room! Even as I write that, it seems like a very distant accomplishment.. haha.. oh well, we'll get there!! :)
Hope your weekend was fabulous.. thanks for listening to my rambles.. :) Happy new week ahead of you all!
xo ~ Jessica






1 comment:
How exciting! So happy for you guys - although it is a very stressful time.. I don't enjoy moving.. Glad your place is starting to become 'homey' - amazing how long it seems to take! :)
Post a Comment