Oh hey guys. What's up? How ya been? Good? Awesome! Oh me? How have I been?
How long do you have?
hardee-har-har-har
That was my big lead-in joke to how busy I've been.. didcha like it? :)
In all reality, life has been insane. Insanely busy. Insanely awesome. Insanely disorganized. Insanely insert-adjective-here. :)
In the past 6 weeks, I (we) bought a house, started a new job, packed up our old house, moved into the new house and started renovations. All while trying to just live. You know, things like oh, eating and making meals (that has seemed the world's largest undertaking these past few weeks. I am SO proud of myself when I do actually make a meal instead of go out), laundry, being a wife (to an awesomely patient husband, might I add) and tending to Bronze... Hey, they're simple things I know, but wow.... I didn't realize how much a move takes a toll on a person. Which leads me to this point....
I am not even lying when I say that I feel like I have been PMS-ing for the past three weeks. The smallest things will set me off in a fit of tears, a burst of laughter, a deep sadness (let's not even talk about the last walk-through of our old house) or this overwhelming sense of peace.
I KNOW, RIGHT?
I'm sure I have been an absolute delight to live with lately.
Anywho, on that note, let's move onto something more positive shall we? :)
As I sit and write here tonight, I can absolutely say with great assurance that things are falling into place. Bit by bit, boxes are getting unpacked, shelves are getting organized, clothes are being hung up in closets, first loads of laundry are being done in the new house and Bronze has stopped lapping the entire house 1 million times a day. YAY!
Will there be moments of uncertainty and yuckiness to come? Absolutely. I think it will get worse (again) before it gets better (again). But I think I'll be able to handle it this go-around with a bit more grace. Here's to hoping, anyway... :)
And please know, I write this simply as an outlet for myself.. I don't want to seem like a complainer or that I want all this sympathy, because truly, I don't. It's just good for me to sit down at my laptop and write out how I feel sometimes. I'm a words girl - what can I say? (A lot, apparently)......
SO - let's get on with a mini-tour shall we?!
Please note, I cleaned up the house real nice for you guys, brought in a professional photographer and I really think I captured the "look" of my home that I am going for.. ;)
Dontcha think?
Front entry featuring the awesomest dog ever - she handled the move like a champ.
Our living room
Sometimes looking out this window is the best part of my day.
Our room
Wardrobe - oh and FYI, our room faces west so it's a lovely little toaster oven by the time we get to bed at night... Tyler *loves* that so much.
Does it even surprise you that this is the first thing I did?
Main bath (that my amazing mom deep cleaned for me today while I overhauled the kitchen! THANKS MOM; YOU ROCK!)
Tyler's office and spare bedroom
Bed that's not a bed yet, but will be soon I hope.
Coming into the kitchen, angle #1
Coming into the kitchen, angle #2
Entry to dining room from living room..
Dining room
Picture window in kitchen (faces east.. I love that morning sun, I tell you..)
Downstairs
Bronze's set-up.. and yes, she has taken up pilates! She does her nightly routine on the green ball before bed every night.. it's a great core toner for her.. she loves it.. :)
Fuzzy basement picture
Guest room (there is a 2nd bedroom downstairs as well, but it's my cousin's room (our border) so I opted out of photographing that one)
Laundry
Bathroom #2
Storage
Backyard! With a birdie house!
Backyard ready for garage to be built!
End of our property
Let's head out front shall we?
Gravel being packed down for front driveway (that's a future project, but the outline is there)
Home sweet home. :)
Hoped ya enjoyed that mini-tour! I promise to be better at posting, now that we HAVE INTERNET (as of Monday! Yay!).. so no more excuses!
Everyone (like, everyone, that like, totally ever lived.. haha.. obviously, not everyone, but whatever, you know what I mean.. :)) keeps asking me if I am going to blog our reno's and the answer is YES! :) I am so so so excited to blog all about the changes that will be happening at our humble little abode - so stayed tuned! :) (In fact, ya might just get sick of me.. haha)..
I'm back, guys. And danggit, it feels good.
I heart blogging.
xo ~ Jessica






No comments:
Post a Comment