Saturday, June 23, 2012

{Jessica Eats}: Quinoa with Tomatoes & Feta

Do you guys like quinoa?  It's taken me a while to warm to it, but I am really starting to love it now!  Well, let me specifiy:  I am loving this combo! :)  It was first introduced to me by my cousin (The wonderful Mrs Dayle-Marie!) and well, now I'm hooked..  I've had it two times this week already!  Healthy, nutritious, full of flavour and so easy!  Pretty much everything I'm looking for in making a meal while moving/unpacking/re-organizing.. :)  

Here's the breakdown:

 Ingredients: quinoa, olive oil, oregano paste, a roma tomato, herb & garlic feta, tuna

 make your quinoa, as per directions on the package

 chop one tomato (I love the meaty-ness (haha, that's a funny word) of a roma tomato, but I'm sure you could use whatever kind of tomato you want.. I bet grape tomatoes, halved, would be awesome, too!)

 once the quinoa is cooked, add a splash (or more) of olive oil and stir...

 add about a teaspoon oregano paste and mix well

 toss in the chopped tomato & some feta

 add a side of tuna and sprinkle with some salt & pepper

devour. :)


oh and it doesn't hurt to finish it off with a double fudge brownie.  (my side is with the nuts) 
maybe not as nutritious but definitely full of flavour  

Hope your Saturday has been a happy one! I'm off to take Bronze for a walk on this grey muggy evening.. 

xo ~ Jessica

No comments: