Saturday, September 10, 2011

September Long Weekend: Our Day Trip To Calgary

Man, it's taken me forever to get around to putting these photos up!  Shheesh!  Anyway!  Better late than never, right?
On Labour Day, my dad organized a motorbike trip to Calgary.  Us, my parents and two other couples hit the highway for lunch at the Calgary Tower and then took "the long way home"... (aka: the scenic route!)  It was an awesome day and the weather was perfection!
Below are a few snaps of the day.. 
(I forgot my camera, so these are just taken with my phone's camera...)


It's freaky lookin straight down!! 

Mom, Dad, Leonard, Carol

Gang's all here! 

Orlyn, Lori, Tyler, my arm..  (ha!  can you see the reflection?!)

Calgary's newest addition to their skyline..  



Ok, so these next few pics are of us on the way freaky way creepy glass walk-out bit... :O
Ohmigoodness.  I have an incredible fear of heights.  My head knows that it is safe to walk out on that glass platform, but my stomach and heart and totally irrational side are like, NO!! DON'T DO IT!!  YOU'LL FALL THROUGH!!  ALL THE WAY TO THE GROUND!!!! Which, ahem, what may or may not have been running through my head the entire time.  

 Yes, this is my dad and Orlyn (on the ends) making fun of me...

This was taken just outside of Strathmore... It was hot hot hot, so our stops didn't last too long... awesome day in all!! 

I've loved seeing some of your long weekend posts!!  Aren't long weekends the best!?  :)  
Until next time!
xo ~ Jess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad that you haven't updated your blog for a while:( I love reading your blog... and TOTALLY wanna hang out with you again. haha:)
-Leeann