Hey everybody! :)
So, the updates begin!! These pictures are from day one through to day five, I think...
As I mentioned in my last email, we started out our trip in Canmore, staying with some old and dear friends of ours... Of course, I didn't get any pictures there (DUH! Why, Jessica, why?!)... Actually, these pictures are some of the first ones I got and we were already three days into our trip!
I guess really there was nothing interesting to take pictures of until we got to the coast anyway... We did travel along the Columbia River on our way out to the coast, which was amazing, but sadly, no pictures there either.. Guess we just really wanted to get to the coast in a hurry!! Ha!
Ok, so let's get started...
Sunday (Sept 18) was probably my favourite day of the whole trip.. We had every kind of weather imaginable, but some of the scenery we witnessed that day was absolutely incredible.. The day started out extremely rainy as travelled the mountainous roads from the city of Portland to our first stop of the day, Lincoln City, OR, which right on the ocean.. It was about an hour and half drive from Portland to there. We stopped and took a few pictures at a roadside turnout right in the city, but decided not to have a coffee break there and kept going... I'm glad we did, because a few miles down the road, we started to run out of the rain and into pure sunshine! It was awesome! We grabbed Quizno's and a Starbucks in the next town (which I can't remember the name of) and I could officially take my rain gear off there! Yes!
We carried on, pulling off at lots of roadside turnouts to take in the view, the salt spray and the sunshine! That night we stayed in Coos Bay, OR. It's a logging town, but a very pretty little town...
The next morning, we were off again and this would be the day we would cross into California.. You really can notice the difference as you change states... The Oregon coast highway runs along high bluffs with lots of cliffs and by the time you get to California, you are driving right along beside the water.. which was amazing too!! We stopped at a beach and I got my first feel of the Pacific Ocean..
So, ya, that's an update of the first few days of our trip! :) It was so much fun and I want to go back again already! Enjoy the pictures and I'll see ya in Part 2!
Lincoln City! Tyler sending an update text message out!
Tyler's awesome rain goggles! HA! They look funny, but man oh man, do they work!!
You can see the road weaving through small coastline towns.. just beautiful!
More coastline!
Us!
I'm not sure if anyone saw the video I took when I walked down the sandy hill to a little bluff? Well, this is a photo of the trail down.. :)
Mr. Victory Vision! He did a great job of getting us from town to town, up and down mountains and even across the dessert! Thanks, buddy!
Here comes the sun!! Whoo hoo! Officially no more rain after this!
My handsome hubby.. also known as, the world's best motorbike driver!
Reflection!
Gold Beach, OR for fish and chips! Delicious!
We're in California! My first time on a Pacific Ocean beach!
Enjoying the waves....
I love this shot... Those are my boot prints in the sand... I didn't know the waves washed up so quickly, so I was running backwards to avoid getting wet feet, all while trying to get this shot! Ha! Despite the running, I think it turned out pretty cool!! :)
Until next time!
xo ~ Jess






No comments:
Post a Comment