Um, hey!
Hello?? Anyone there? :)
I still exist! I promise!! It's just been............. a while. Ahem. To say the least.
Oh wow, where to ever begin! First off, HI! It's good to be back to blogging! Sorry for just kinda sorta leaving without much reason or explanation... I was on holidays, in case you were wondering! It was fantastic and relaxing and I feel recharged in every aspect of my life. Thanks, awesome two-week holiday! You were exactly what I needed.
So, where did we go? What did we do? Who did we see?
What: An almost 2-week road trip
When: Sept 15 - Sept 27
Where: Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana and home! (Plus a corner of Arizona)
Who: Me & Tyler (we met up with Orlyn & Lori in Las Vegas!)
Why: See above. (To relax and recharge)
How: Via Motorbike
Yup, we did a 12 day, 8 state road trip of the north west and western states of our dear friend south of the border!! It was so much fun.. We saw so much amazing scenery, went through all kinds of weather and made memories that will last a life time. Besides enjoying three days with Orlyn & Lori is Las Vegas, it was my and Tyler's first trip by ourselves... can you believe that?! In 7 years of marriage, we have never done a trip, just the two of us! We've always been with family or friends, and we have thoroughly enjoyed each of those trips... But this was different... It was our own schedule, our own timeline, our own direction.. stop when we wanted, ate where we wanted... We did a bike trip last year with 2 other couples and Tyler's cousin.. It was a blast and I would love to do another one with some other couples, but there is a lot of coordinating schedules and figuring out where to stay and eat, etc, etc when you are with a larger group.. It was nice to almost fly by the seat our pants most of the trip... :) How many stars would I rate this trip? 10. Out of 5. It was that good. :)
We started out the trip in Canmore, AB... we stayed with out friends Ryan and Cheryl... We have been friends for years with them (we go way to our Ontario days with them!) and I can't think of a better way to start our trip.. They were having the workers stay with them as well, so we felt doubly privileged to get in on a portion of their visit! :) Lucky us! After Canmore, it was onto Spokane, Washington, then Portland, Oregon, then all down the Oregon & California coast.. then into Las Vegas, Nevada.. we stayed there the longest, (3 nights) and then the last three days of our journey was just heading home (we stayed in Utah, then Montana and by the third night we were home! Whew!)
I will definitely be recapping our holiday along with some pictures... Here are a few, just to start out...
Lincoln City, OR... rainy-est day of the trip! :) But the best!
At a roadside turn-out, just outside of Lincoln City, OR... :)
Yup, I'm a hardcore biker chick. Believe it! :) Ha! Not.
This is leaving Coos Bay, OR...
Enjoying a California beach at a roadside turn-out.. oh, how I loved your hot sun, Cali!!
Yosemite National Park! Absolutely beautiful through the park!
Also, if you want, you can go to my YouTube channel.. I uploaded a few videos from our trip there! :)
More to come! :)
What have all you been up to!? I was able to keep up with most of your blogs, so that was awesome! Yay for free wifi at most hotels and tiny travel laptops!
Until next time!
xo ~ Jess






No comments:
Post a Comment