Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Great Closet Makeover: Before Photos

I am so excited to get this project underway so that my closets stop looking like this:


Closet #1: This is the hallway closet and it's going to be my first project. The door and inner frame bit are going to be painted white... or maybe something funky... or heck, maybe even wallpapered! (Have you seen Anthropologie's wallpaper? It's to die for. No joke.) Also, as you can probably see, it's lacking a knob.. so that will need to be remedied. And now let's move on to the inside...



Oh my.

Again, oh my.
This will all be organized and cleaned and spiffied right up. Makes me want to get right to it right now.. even though it's after 11pm. I guess I can at least wait till the morning. :)


Closet #2: The bathroom closet... This one is the largest of the three closets I'm making over (makeovering?) and will take the most time... This is so embarrassing to even admit, but we never even grouted the ceramic tile in the closet. The bathroom floor itself is all done, but not the closet. That will remedied. Maybe even immediately. I like the linen drapes with the large grommets, so they will stay (closet doors would just take up too much space in the bathroom).. the inside is what needs the most work though...



So this *lovely* peachy colour will be gone as quickly as time will allow. I will probably be painting the shelves white or a really soft brown. And then of course, organization to the max (!!!) needs to take place all up in here, fo'sure! :) It's an "everything closet" from a place to store linens and towels to all our bathroom extras, plus paper towel, extra Kleenex boxes and other paper goods... So, I am really going to be stretching my poor little brain to make this work... I'm sure Google will become a very useful tool during this process. :)






Closet #3: The front entrance closet... This is our smallest closet, but the most used... I love the colour, so that will stay.. It will mostly be a re-vamping of the inside and how to store our shoes better and coats and everything else that is thrown up onto the top shelf...


Oh yes and I should mention, if anyone has any good ideas on organizing small closet spaces, please let me know! :) I love others input!


So that about wraps up the before pictures! Whew, now it's all just looking like a lot of work to me! haha... No, it will be a fun project and I'm just going to take my time working on it... :) And I hope you will join me along for the adventure! :) Yes, adventure it will be. Especially if there is wallpaper involved. *yikes*


xo ~ Jess

1 comment:

Leif and Laura said...

I am so excited to see your closet makeovers!!! Maybe you'll give me some motivation and ideas for my own!