Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life with 2 Dogs: Part Two

Plus 29 in RD today.
The heat waves rolled off the pavement in this prairie town and I thought to myself:
Ahhh. Summer.  :o) 


However, 2 dogs in the heat (not IN heat, but in THE heat... thank goodness) is not good!  My poor little puppies panted their way through the day while Momma Jess kept the water dishes full, the fans on blast and constant trips to the basement and outside in the shade.


Today was a MUCH better day. Much!  I actually want another dog now! ha!  Charlie did all his "business" outside, they played sooo nice, cuddled for 10 seconds (it was all they could handle) and we just had a jim-dandy day!


Colin and Dayle and Tyler and I are planning an after-sunset trip to Coronation Park in downtown Red Deer... just going to take some blankets, chill under the stars and drink in this summer night.  Might be minus the dogs though. *sheepish grin* 
 

Anyway, it was an uneventful day... just a typical summer day... even finished off supper with an orange creamsicle... now if THAT doesn't take ya back to summer as a kid, I don't what does... :o)


Bronze is resting in her kennel with the fan on bust and Charlie is camping out in a shaded corner of the living gnawing on a bone... Life is good. 


Until next time
xo 
J

No comments: