Friday, July 17, 2009

Currently Loving/Obsessed With: Organizing My Kitchen

So, just sitting down here taking a break from organizing, labelling, revamping and overhauling my kitchen!  It all started out rather innocently to clean out the pantry (much-needed)... so before tackling that job I logged onto monkeysee.com (here's my plug for that site!! go there!!) and watched a 2 or 3 part video on organizing and cleaning one's pantry... and now I am HOOKED on doing the whole kitchen!! haha... I know, I am SO lame, but I am having so much fun!  I should really post pics... hmmm.. something more to learn on my blog!  :o)  Help anyone on posting pics and videos??

Anyway, just bought a label maker today (my heart was a-flutter the whole time in the Staples line up as I thought of the million and one places I could use it!!) and tomorrow I am headed to Ikea to stock up some rad food storage units that I saw in the catalouge.. they are so pretty!  No, I will definitely have to post some pics!  :o)   So I can show proof of my ultimate lameness! ha!
 
Anywho, it's 5:30 and Tyler will be home soon, so I should dash... supper to be cooked, drawers to be labelled and food to be stored in uber-cool storage containers!  Yup, this is certainly life as I know it now!  Love it!
 
'Til Next Time!
xo Jessica


6 comments:

Lisa McConnell said...

Awesome that you started a blog ncJessica! Will be fun to keep up with you this way too! And now...I think I'm off to learn about organizing!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jessica...so glad you have a blog...I look forward to keeping up with you life...
ps. I'd love to have to motivation to organize my kitchen...maybe pictures of yours will be my motivation!!
Ashley P

Kathy said...

Hey Jessica,

Welcome to bloggers world! To add a pic: when you are in new post click the little pic icon at the top where you are typing and an add image screen will pop up. Then hit browse and you can get pics from wherever you have them stored on your computer. Select center for layout and medium for image this is a nice size. Then click upload image or you can click add another image and add more pics then upload. Have fun!!!!

Lisa Marie said...

Hi Jessica! Had to stop in and say Hi to you and your Blog. You will love blogging it is great. Mine is at
http://scrapsofthisandthat.blogspot.com/
I would love to see your pictures of your kitchen organization. I can help you with the picture posting thing if you can't figure it out. Just let me know. Take care and have a great day!

Q&Z said...

Posting Pictures?
when you're making your post, click on the icon at the top that looks like a landscape picture. You can upload them five at a time. Also, they upload backwards. so the pictures you want at the beginning of your post, upload them last. the ones you want at the end of your post, upload them first.
The video upload is the icon that looks like a film strip.
My wife says to tell you that shes SUPER excited that you have a blog!

Maybe this will convince mollywobbles to start one too...

-Q

Jessica said...

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And thanks for the tips on posting pics! I'm off to do that now..

Quinn: You tell your wife she is my bloggin ginspiration... well, you too, really! I love your guys blog and so excited to watch your reno progress! We have been there, so we TOTALLY can enter in! Enjoy every step! It's so fun to watch it all come together!

Lisa: monkeysee.com Best site ever! haha.. you will be hooked! Happy organizing!

Ash: Please don't use me as motivation/inspiration... I am just a wannabe; follow the real leaders! haha..jk.. loved you england pics by the way!

Kathy: KATHY!! Yay, you have a blog too! Oh I am just so excited, I can't hardly bear it! :o)

Lisa C: I am excited to follow your blog! And gain some much needed scrapping insight! you're the best! and thanks for the pic-uploading offer! :)

Ok, probably won't respond to every comment like this every time, but obviously my blogging excitement is shining forth a little brightly today, so I do apologize now.. :o) Thanks again everyone and hope you are enjoying your weekend! xo J