WHEEEEE!!! I am so dang excited to be doing another 30x30 remix! I have been wanting to do one for a while (remember that crazy idea I had when I said I was going to do outfit shots on our cruise and document a Holiday 30x30??? hahah.. ya, that never happened........ obviously...) so needless to say I am chomping at the bit!
Anywho, if you are new to Just Us, can I just, right quick, introduce you to the 30x30 Remix concept? It's not my idea and I am not the first person to ever to it, but I kinda sorta love it and have actually gotten into the habit of applying it to how I dress everyday. (Hi my name is Jessica and I dress myself everyday. So novel, I know.)
The basic outline of it is, you choose 30 items from your closet (including footwear) and remix them into 30 different outfits for 30 days. :) Accessories don't count (belts, scarves, purses, flower clips, etc and jewellery, if you wear it).
You can read about it all here and if you play around on her website, you probably can find all the remix's Kendi has done.
{Just as a side note, I love Kendi. Everyday. (hahah.. see what I did there?) But I really do. Her style speaks to me. She keeps it classy, but isn't afraid to sass it up. I love her. LOVE. Side note over.}
I have done two remixes myself (a winter one and a summer one)... I am excited to do a spring one! Really that just means a combination of winter and summer stuff right? 'Cuz one day it could be 15 degrees and the birdies are chirping and the next day we're getting pelted with a sleet storm.. So, I am excited about the challenge of trying to combine these two seasons without looking like a complete wacko. Wish me luck.
Oh yeah and did I mention that there is (generally) a shopping ban during the 30x30?? :)
So let's get started shall we?! Below are the items I have chosen for this remix and starting tomorrow, you'll get to see my pretty little face (HA. HA. HA. you can take that as a sarcastic or evil laugh. It's up to you, really.) for the next 30 days as I stumble/fumble/rumble (what?) my way through this challenge. I forewarned you that you might not be able to get rid of me now that I'm unemployed. ;)
Here we go!
{SPRING 2012 REMIX}
_______________________________
TOPS
| white ruffle front-tie blouse, gap |
| chambray button-down, joe fresh |
| gold sequin tank, joe fresh |
| black knit v-neck sweater, stitches |
| striped ruffle tee, joe fresh |
| polka dot blouse, effeti moda, via winners |
| red striped long tee, gap |
| neon yellow ruched tee, suzy shier |
| blue-checked button down, joe fresh |
_______________________________
DRESSES/TUNICS
| khaki tunic, old navy {gifted} |
| teal shirt dress, sears |
| plaid shirt dress, sandwich {gifted} |
_______________________________
BLAZERS & CARDIGANS
| black blazer, dalia {thifted} |
| navy/camel blazer, h&m |
| peach cardi, part two, via dots |
| long coral cardi, joe fresh |
| grey cropped jacket, kensie girl, via dots |
_______________________________
BOTTOMS
| black leggings, joe fresh |
| green pleated maxi skirt, solitaire, via winners |
| army green skirt, joe fresh |
| beige crinkle skirt, joe fresh |
| brown/black pleated skirt, smart set |
| purple plaid skirt, mexx {gifted} |
| demin skirt, gap |
_______________________________
FOOTWEAR
Well, welcome to my wardrobe for the next 30 days! :) I am so excited to get started!
And if anyone wants to join along with me, leave your blog link in the comments below! We can inspire each other to see it through! :)
{Personal opinion: I'm pretty sure this pretty gal would rock a 30x30 and imma just say she should think about it.......... end personal opinion ;) ;)}
Soooo.. see ya tomorrow?! Ya, I guess so! :)
xo ~ Jessica






No comments:
Post a Comment