Hi friends! :) Welcome to Day 1! So full of zeal! So full of enthusiasm! I should come back and read this post on Day 19.. hahah..
I'm just gonna say that I love this outfit. And mostly because I stole the concept from Pinterest. Ahh, Pinterest. I have a feeling I am going to lurve you through this challenge. This is my first 30x30 since I started a Pinterest account and it may just be a game-changer. And for that, friends, I am very excited.. :)
(It doesn't take much).
On a totally different note, I just got this skirt back from my tailor, who sewed on a button that had fallen off. (No, I don't sew. Not even buttons. Yes, I want to learn. But in the meantime, I am too lazy. Plus my tailor is in the same building as my dry cleaner, so it just works out perfectly with my laziness. One stone (stop), two birds (errand completed). Boom.
Anyway, they sewed brand new buttons on it for me. When I was examining their work once I got home, I was kinda surprised to see the old ones gone and new ones in their place. At first I was like, awwww, thanks, tailor-lady! They looked smart, clean and felt firmly fastened. But now I'm kinda like, awwwww, boo, tailor-lady! I miss my old buttons! They were perfectly round and a distressed vintage-y gold colour. Truthfully, the buttons were always my favourite part of the skirt.
But really, whatever. They did a great job and probably thought they were doing me a favour. But.....
I mean, maybe they could have checked with me (common courtesy)..? Deep down, I know they are just buttons. And there IS gold in them. Just mid-80's major-shoulder-pads-blazer-buttons gold. In the middle of a navy button. :( Not the same. Ah well, I digress. See below if you are *super* interested in seeing them up close.
denim skirt, gap | blue checked button-down, joe fresh | sparkly loafers, spring
Mom! You were outside with these shoes on! I can smell it on you! I'm telling! Daaaaddddddd! Mom is wearing outside shoes on the inside!!
Accessories: cream flower, gift | coral skinny belt, joe fresh | grey tights, zellers
the close-up you were all waiting for. i know it. :)
So, what do you think? Would you be mad about your tailor taking liberties with your denim skirt buttons? Or would you be ok with it? Or would you like a pomegranate smoothie? Because really, if were asking questions here, that's really the important one I'd like answered. And yes, my answer is yes. I would love a pomegranate smoothie.
Until next time
xo ~ Jess
PS I just realized that I never put the link in to Kendi's 30x30 Remix Rules in yesterday's post. Opps. Sorry 'bout that! I've fixed it, but if you are too lazy to go back to yesterday's post (so wouldn't blame you. SO wouldn't) here is the link right here!
PS I just realized that I never put the link in to Kendi's 30x30 Remix Rules in yesterday's post. Opps. Sorry 'bout that! I've fixed it, but if you are too lazy to go back to yesterday's post (so wouldn't blame you. SO wouldn't) here is the link right here!






No comments:
Post a Comment