Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Holiday Project

So this holiday project, unfortunately, does not include glitter, sequins, a Cricut or a glue gun... haha.. 
It all started a few weeks ago, when we met with our realtor and took our house off the market.  It's not for good.  It's just for the holidays, get a few more projects completed and kinda hit the "reset" button in a few weeks... :)  My wonderful husband got right to work on Project #1 and took the (temporary) carpet off the stairs and laid the remainder of our laminate flooring on them!  Yay!  The result?  A much cleaner and pulled together look!  
I'm not gonna lie, I think Bronze misses the carpet though... She could really motor up those stairs with good traction.  I, on the other hand, am glad to see that carpet go!  It wasn't meant to be permanent anyway, but you know how it is... It's hard to actually get around to finishing something when the "it works, but it's not perfect" option is functioning just fine... Anywho! :)  It's done now and I am  very grateful for my husband who truly is a get-er-done kind of guy! (I mean that in every possible cliche way!) :)

 Stairs to the landing (before)

Main stairs to the basement (before)


The work set-up... I find this totally fascinating.. I think it's mostly because I have no idea how to operate this kind of machinery, but Tyler just goes about it, like he's done it a million times... er, which, technically, he has.. :)



 First two done!  Just a quick Booster-Juice-and-work-assessment break.. :) 

 Unique stairs!  First two: laminate.  Second two: nasty original vinyl flooring.  Next Three: Underlay from carpet.  Last Two:  Rolled up carpet.  We contemplated keeping it this way, but the rolled up carpet at the top of the stairs was getting annoying to step over every time. ;)

 All done!  Laminate down, nosing completed and silicone done, too! :)  

 Final reveal!  Silicone is now dried and everything is cleaned up!

 Yay!  I really really love it!



For Project #2, he finished (5 years later.. not pointing fingers, babe.. I'm just sayin'....) grouting the floor of our bathroom closet!  Yay!  
He was a man on a mission this week and didn't even complain that he had to do this on his week off... :)  Actually, if I know my husband, he would have been complaining that he nothing to do, if not for this project.. hahah.. :)  

And to my dear cousins who have been asking for basement reno picture updates, I promise (for the hundredth time) that they are coming! :)  Especially now that the stairs are done, I have no excuses!! :)  

Now I'm off to take pictures of the basement.... if it's clean... :)

Until next time!
xo ~ Tyler & Jessica

2 comments:

Cody, Amanda, Kade and Kianna said...

looks really good.... i put my hubby to work here too on his time off... nothing as fabulous as new flooring tho... :) :)

Ashley said...

Looks great Jessica! I'm looking forward to those reno pics!!!