Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chocolate Raspberry Croissants

Happy Sunday to you all! :)

I have been having a blast mulling over different options in my head for plain croissant rolls and how to jazz them up... These little delights were my jumping-off-point and from there I got to thinking "what else can I fill these little babies with that would be yummy and comforting all at the same time?"  
Enter this experiment:

I have always loved chocolate and raspberry together, so I added about a 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam and about a half a dozen chocolate chips to a Pilsbury croissant roll... :)  I baked them for 10 minutes (I have a super hot oven) at 375 and we had ourselves the most perfect Sunday afternoon snack.  The flaky rolls plus the tart raspberries and sweet chocolate chips made for a party in my mouth.  True story. 




They baked up golden and delicious.... 

 Tyler enjoyed his with a glass of milk... :)  I had black tea with cream.  So good.

Yummy and simple!  

Do you guys ever do that?!  Get experimenting in the kitchen?  I'm not super confident with fiddling around with big recipes, but this seemed simple enough to try to create without being too risky... What are some fun things you've experimented with that have turned out so tasty?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

Hope your (long) weekend has been wonderful... I feel like I have been seriously slacking on the blogging front here, but I want to get back into it and I have some new posts coming up! Also, I think I am going to be starting a fall 30x30 remix challenge on Nov. 15!  It's not for certain, but if I want to do a fall one, it has to be now or never!  Winter is coming.......ugh.

Oh yes:  quick house update... NOT SOLD.  haha.  That pretty much sums it up.  We've had a ton of showings, but no offers.  Some pretty serious interest from a few couples, but nothing that has ever amounted to anything.  Oh well.  This is the joys of selling a house!  It's been kind of a frustrating week with some no-shows, mixed up appointment times and even one realtor who was 3 hours late with his client!!  He did a quick walk through with me (and Bronze) there, but it was weird and awkward.  I really was wishing Tyler was there!  (He was at the gym).  Anyway, we just roll with the punches.  That's all you can do.  Maybe next week I'll have something more interesting to tell you... like that it sold or something! ha!

Well, I will let this be all for now...
Until next time...
xo ~ Jess

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Love this post! Those snacks look delicious! I have to say that one thing I tried once in the kitchen is a curry chili. Sort of your typical chili recipe with an Indian flare. It is really easy to do especially if you want a great veggie meal! Let me know if you want my recipe!