Thursday, November 17, 2011

One Year + Loving Lately

Hey all you out there in blog-land!
First off, can I just say how much I am BLOWN away by the fact that 2011 is almost over?  I saw a sign in the drug store the other day that said "39 DAYS TILL SANTA ARRIVES!"  
I just about died on the spot.  39 days?!  For real!?  Wow.  It feels like I was ringing in 2011 yesterday.  
(Which is funny, since I actually slept through last New Years.  What can I say?  I was having a good sleep! I remember it distinctly!)

Anyway, I've been kinda thinking about this little blog of mine (ours) and it's almost been one year of me blogging with some actual consistency.  During that time, I've re-capped holidays, completed 2 30x30 remix challenges and started going through the Just Us Story (which is going to start up again soon!).. It's been so fun and I've loved connecting with people from all over through blogging.. :)  Anyway, there's nothing more I really wanted to say about that, but just how much I've loved it and I want to keep going with it!  I want to try to do better with posting more often, including more about Tyler (he doesn't really mind that he is not featured much, but it matters to me..   I feel like I have kind of taken this blog over and I want to re-direct my efforts into truly making this more about Just Us!) and post more recipes and DIY's!  What can I say -- Pintrest has inspired me! haha... 

Just as a side note, I think I am going to start posting the Years Series of the Story of Just Us on Fridays, instead of Wednesdays.  I'm not sure why I thought the middle of my work week would be a good day to post a text-heavy blog post.. hahah.. Anyway!  I will be starting those up shortly, on Fridays!  :) 

Also, I just wanted to feature some of what I have been loving lately lately and some upcoming projects!
So let's get started, shall we? 
____________________________


I stumbled upon this little gem of a blog through Pintrest (where else?! haha) and I have to say I am lurving it so much!  They share everything from cool interiors, to mouth-watering recipes and inspired colour palettes.  I just love love love it!  I'm sure you will too!!

____________________________


Guess what!?  This majorly gorgeous girl has a blog now!!  She is my most awesome cousin and I love her and I miss her and I want them to move to RD so bad! ha..  I love that she posts things she finds inspiring or funny or unique.  It gives me a little glimpse into her personality, even though I already know how awesome she is.  :)  

____________________________


This is an upcoming project!!  Ok, shoe on the right is the inspiration and pink shoes on the left are the "victim".. haha.. I'm going (somehow) wrap the toe of my pink pumps with black sequins.  I'm also thinking of doing the heel.  Wish me luck.  I'm seriously going to need it.  :)  This might be an epic fail.  
No gonna lie though, still excited to try!!

____________________________



Lastly, is this pretty girl!!!  I haven't been following her for very long, but already I love her!  She is real, unpretentious and I love that even a few of her outfits are captured, in what she calls her "infamous work-bathroom-mirror pictures"..  You don't get much real than that, hey?!  Ok, and turquoise pumps with a mustard skirt?!  Yes please!  :)

____________________________

What has been inspiring you guys lately?  Any cool blogs you've stumbled upon that you want to share?  Do tell!  :)  Discovering is fun!

Until Next Time!
xo ~ Jessica

1 comment:

-L said...

you r a gem.... :-) fyi i check ur blog like 5 times a day to see if you updated it... yes i am that cool. it helps when u post in the mornings... saves me some stress. good luck with the shoes!
-Leeann