I spent $32.04 and in exchange for those monies (haha) I now have three new pairs of shoes gracing my closet. I love you, end-of-summer-sales that are everywhere right now. You let me get the shoes I've been pining over for a while without the hefty price tag.
First up: Two-toned Oxfords
I have been dying for a pair of these since October 2010. I remember this, because I told my cousin, Dayle this information when I was down in Nova Scotia for her wedding. Which was October 2010. Almost a year, my friends. It makes our uniting even that much more special.
I cannot wait to pair these with my skinny tan pencil skirt, cream ankle socks and chunky knit mustard sweater. And a zillion other creations I'm trying to dream up in my head... :) Shoe day-dreams are the best!
Five. Dollars. Each.
Why I only stuck to two pairs is beyond me. Yes, they are from Wal-Mart, but honestly, that's just how I roll. :)
Remember when I made a "note to self " in my most recent 30x30 challenge to always have a pair of basic black heels in my closet? Well, blog readers, meet my basic pair of black heels. Perfect height. Perfect mix of pointy and rounded toe. And, to be frank, they actually don't look that cheap. So, good job Wal-Mart, for replicating leather! A+!
The second pair are the prettiest shade of blush-y pink. Which, oddly enough, I just mentioned to my same cousin as the oxfords conversation (we talk about shoes and fashion a lot.. just in case you missed that point) that I did not have a pair of shoes this shade of colour and in the past four or five weeks I could have used a pair of shoes this colour, so yay me for getting with it and getting a pair of shoes in this colour! You already go with so much in my closet. I can't wait to introduce you to more exciting re-mixes that I have not thought of yet. Yes, this is me talking to the shoes. :)
Lock me up.
Ok, I'm done. I just wanted to share these delightful little finds with you all today. I heart sales so much. But at the same time, these $5 sales kill me the most. Because that's my expectation of every sale. I don't buy unless it's below the $10 mark. $25 for a dress? Marked down from $70? Red slashes all over the tag? Nope. You can do better than that, {insert any store name here}. That's still a little steep in my books. See? I'm ruined.
Happy Tuesday everybody. Well, the last 48 minutes of it anyway. :)
xo ~ Jess






1 comment:
Cute shoes - and a that price?! Woohoo!:) I've been drooling over oxford's too but still haven't bought some.. The ones you found are lovely!
Post a Comment