
We arrived safe & sound on Thursday evening (August 24) after a 7 hour motorbike trip through the Rockies and into Salmon Arm... this is me Friday morning, after a shower and a good nights rest! I did not look anything like this when we pulled in Thursday evening! Ha!

This is where we stayed and where the wedding was... The Prestige Inn! The service and staff were amazing; probably the best service we have ever received at a hotel..

A Friday morning stroll through downtown Salmon Arm... we went out for breakfast and then explored at our leisure.. we were the first of the cousins to arrive, so we really had no commitments or people to meet up with... it was relaxing...

We came across some train tracks and the coast was clear, so I braved some shot on the rails... they are tricky to balance on!! But it was still fun...

Next up: Tightrope walking. *not*

These pictures are about as good as they get when it comes to snapping photos of my husband... Never quite looking at the camera.. but that's ok.. sometimes makes for an interesting shot!

Rehearsal dinner at my aunt's place the night before the wedding.. :) I love a good ol' fashion backyard buffet... the best!

The families getting to know each other... :)

My aunt and uncle's "stooga".. I have no idea if that's how you spell, but that is how you pronounce it... it's a Swedish word (my uncle is Swedish) and it's a little backyard cabin... I loved it and I want one.. so bad!

The view from our window!! Hello, Shushwap! And below is our room! :)
Before: Tyler wrecking a perfectly good picture.. hahah!
After: Much better! Cute girlies!!
THE WEDDING

First moments after the bride made her way up the aisle..

Awesome decorations and setting! My fave part: the paper lanterns... :)

Tyler had to sit two rows in front of me.. :( We were the MC's at the reception, so we did one last walk through the lobby before the wedding party entrance, so we just had to take what seats we could find.. that's ok though! Just look how intently he is listening... :) What a cutie..

I do.... :)

The kiss!

Sand ceremony..

The "I do's" are over!! :) This is my little cousin from Denmark! Isn't he adorable!

Lots of bubbles and laughing and family time!

Ashley and Leeann... I have no words for how much I love my family.. :)

Um, hippest/coolest couple around. End of story. Thanks for sharing the laughs with us after the wedding!! I needed that stress releas-er soooo bad!! HAHA! I'm still laughing about it...

The MC's! Please excuse the lame-o pose below... :) It was so special to have a little part in R&N's wedding!

My cousins kiddies! Pretty much the cutest kids around... no joke! :)
RECEPTION DETAILS

The Candy Buffet... I have never eaten so much candy in all my life as I did in ONE NIGHT. But so good. SO good. I am pretty sure salt-water taffy needs to become a food group.

Amazing centrepieces! Love the sliced limes and star fish!
The cake!! A masterpiece!
So that was our BC trip in a nutshell! It was fantastic to get away and we had super weather... it was perfect for motorbiking! Now we are looking forward to our US trip in a couple of weeks! The West Coast and Vegas and others! :)
--------------------------
I'll be jumping back on the Story of Just Us posts tomorrow!! Can't wait to get back into them.. I missed last week due to copious amounts of packing and organizing for our trip, but I'm back now, so Chapter Five is coming up!! :)
xo ~ Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment