Monday, April 11, 2011

Over The Weekend!

Wowzers! Being away from the blogging world for a few days is like being away for a few months it feels like! But it's all good: it just means I get to curl up with a big cup of tea and a blanket and catch up on my Google Reader. Love it. Better than a stack of magazines, any day. :o)

So as you probably know from one of my last posts, I was in Canmore for a scrapbooking retreat, which was awesome!!! Just us girls and a ton of food, a good soak in the hot tub, a little shopping and not very much sleeping! I don't feel like I accomplished much as far as scrapbooking goes... I have a hard time talking and scrapping! hahah.. anyway, below are some photos from the weekend!

My "station"... makes me miss it already!

We consumed five food groups over the weekend: grains & breads, fruits & veggies, dairy products, meats & mini eggs. Yes, I ate so many mini eggs, they became their own food group... I am officially cut off for the rest of.... well, forever, really! ha! :D

One of Christine's masterpieces!!

Our set up! Oh-so-much-fun!

The view from our suite's window.. can't beat it!

And then this is what I came home to!! Tyler had painted our fireplace!! We have been talking about doing this for 2 years or so now! And to think: all it took was me going away! haha... I think I need to do that more often!! Oh, it's so pretty and I love it and now the begging to build a mantel will start.. ha! (The colour is called Cream Puff)

Another angle..


This has nothing to do with my weekend, but it was the only shot I could find of what our fireplace used to look like.. and wow, what a difference! I love the how bright and clean it looks now! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you babe, one million times over!!


PS He cleaned the house over the weekend, too! And then my dear sister-in-law (above) and her husband had us over for a BBQ Saturday evening... pretty sweet weekend all in all... :o)


How about you guys? Anything exciting? It's so funny... these kinds of weekends seriously come around like once a year for me.. :o) I guess that's why I cherish them so much. If I posted a "Over The Weekend" blog next weekend, I'm sure it would photos of laundry, house cleaning, walking the dog and so on.. ha!


Oh yes, and due to copious amounts of scrapbooking, hot tubbing, shopping and eating, there was no Fashion-y Friday post! Sorry! But coming up this week, for sure! :o) Stayed tuned!


xo ~ Jess

3 comments:

wifeofpooh said...

Your pictures of the weekend make me want to go back again this weekend!!!

Love to new paint on your fireplace, so nice of Tyler to clean house for you. Looks like Kevin has some competition for the Husband of the Year award :)

Jesse said...

Jess,
Looks like you had a great time! I love the fireplace, it looks great! BMP really soon my friend. Lots of love!
Jesse

Annamarie said...

So much fun!! Makes me want to go again soon!! I am going in withdrawal from not eating mini eggs since the weekend!! haha.

Your fireplace looks awesome! Good job Tyler!!