Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Randomness....

Just mulling over a few things this reflective Tuesday evening...

Do you ever find when you get overwhelmed or a bit blue, that sometimes you just retreat inwardly? Well, tonight I was feeling like that and was not in the mood to talk or smile or anything.. I just wanted to be all moody and tortured.. haha.. but I had an errand to run tonight and that led to some conversation.. at first, I was wary, not wanting to enjoy myself or open up but as the conversation rolled on, something tweaked inside and I started to feel the little weight lifting and the next thing you know, I'm actually smiling... AND laughing! I didn't really delve into details with this person about how I was feeling, but it just goes to show a little lighthearted conversation can just be that silver lining you were looking for (and needed)...

The second item of randomness I wanted to share is something design and home decor related... I am currently OBSESSED with brick... exteriors, a feature wall inside, whatever... I am in love with distressed, earthy red, full-on classic brick... there is this house about 2 blocks away from us that I drive by every day (sometimes two or three) just to look at it... it's a brick front exterior with a white-washed front door, a perfect postage-sized green lawn.. I swoon every time I see... I bet the home owners lock their doors when they see a black Honda Civic drive by at like 10 km/hour twice a day, wondering who this crazy lady is that is stalking their house! ha!
Brick isn't quite as common in Red Deer, AB as it is in say some older areas of Ontario towns and cities (we noticed this on our trip to Guelph this past fall), so I think that's why I'm so taken with it right now... To my eye, it's just so unexpected with all the siding/rock look that most new subdivisions in our area are sporting.. And I love me some unexpected-ness! :o)

So that's my Tuesday evening randomness... I hope you are all having a lovely night!

Comment/Question of the Day:
What is your lastest obsession? Big or small, let me know!!

~Jessica

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Jessica I know exactly what you mean about feeling blue kinda grumpy and not wanting to do anything to change that...happens to me sometimes too. Latest obession...Galaxy chocolate bars...so good!!

Q&Z said...

oo yay you're blogging again! And I am not receiving updates. (Gotta fix this...)
right now, super obsessed with taking my articles to the couch with a blankie and the 80 pound lap dog. A fun way to get the research done! (better than staying at my desk, anyways...)
Share your obsession with brick... ooo la la!