Monday, June 21, 2010

Lil' Average Update

Just enjoying this amazing summer solstice evening with the hubby and the dog.. might have to go out for an ice cream later to celebrate the longest day of the year! :o)

Hope everyone had a super fun Father's Day weekend... we sure did! I did have to work on Saturday from 11-4, but it went by so fast that it didn't really matter... The Hubby did yard work all day and by the time I got home, our lawn, shrubs and hedges were groomed to perfection! Yay! Thanks babe! Saturday evening we went for a mini-hike out by River Bend Golf Course... there are cross-country ski trails along the river canyon that they make into walking trails in the summer... My friend Nancy introduced them to me and I introduced them to Tyler... it was such a nice night and we had an enjoyable "stroll" (minus all the big hills.. they were hard! haha) We then met dad at the Little Ice Cream and Soda Shoppe (mom was working) after on our motorbike! That made up for having to work during the day! ha!

Sunday was just as nice, if not a bit warmer... had a wonderful morning meeting.. we then met mom and dad downtown at Club Cafe for a Father's Day brunch... Colin came with us too as his wifey was sleeping after a long night shift! About 5pm, mom and dad, Tyler and I and Orlyn and Lori all piled onto our bikes and we took a little Sunday evening drive out to Rocky Mountain House.. it was such a nice night... we had supper at BP's in Rocky and we took a bit too long of break there and we didn't get home until 11pm! Slept like a rock though! Fresh air will do that to ya!

Tyler is trying to toughen me up for our big bike trip to Castlegar this August! ha! I'm a bit of a softie, so I will need to take lots of little day trips to get my butt toughened up for LOTS of sitting! ha! We'll see how it goes... I can't wait though for our trip! It will be awesome to see my brother Bryon and his girlfriend Alicia, who live out that way... Ah, summer! Gotta love it!

Convention is next week for Tyler and I and we can't wait! Just have to get through this next week and half and then 4 blissful days off! Where are all you guys going for convention??

All for now... cheerio, Jessica

2 comments:

Annamarie said...

Does that mean you are going to be at Mellowdale? Hope so as thats where we are going!

Jessica said...

Yuppers!! We are headed to Mellowdale! Will be nice to see you guys there!