Finally. :)
So hi! Happy New Year! Is it too far into the year to be saying that still? Probably. But you know me: always a little bit behind.
Speaking of behind........ I think I have a little catching up on this ol' blog, no? :)
I've been thinking a lot about my blog lately and the direction I want to go and all these ideas I have.. and then my mind gets going and I get so overwhelmed with the thought of everything that I just don't post at all. Which is the opposite direction of where I want to go... sigh. And so the cycle starts...
But then I got thinking again. I love my little blog, I really do. And I don't want it to be a "guilt thing" that I should be stressing about posting and getting content up and all of that. And then the thought hit me:
My blog is really a little extension of my life. And like all things, there is an ebb and flow to it all.. So I just want to be more a accepting of that. Life has holidays and sickness and down times and it's ok if I don't post during those times because hey, that's just life. Sorry for the cliché, but it's true. :)
Anyway, this is not a new thought and I'm sure most of you have this already figured out. For me, I don't officially have something figured out until I write it down. (remember: words girl)
So where does that leave me/us now? Well, I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty excited about a new year and new goals and new adventures awaiting.. And when the mood is right and I'm in the groove, I'm gonna blog my heart out. And when I just wanna chill and shut off my wifi connection and relax with my dog, I'm gonna do that too. And all will be well. :)
That all being said, I would like to share some of my goals for this year for my blog!
* more outfit posts because I heart doing them so much and I wanna do more of what makes me happy this year.
* this year I turn 30!! So bring on my "30 before 30" list! And I'm going to blog about as many as possible!
* a possible blog re-design :)
* a monthly post about my progress/training for my half marathon in June (but I'll try not to be super annoying about it. Promise).
That's all I'll commit to right now.. anything else would be promising too much.. haha.. me and "follow through" need to have a little heart-to-heart this year.. :)
So there you have it - my first post 2013! Hope you all have a wonderful week and may your goals and resolutions last well beyond Groundhogs Day! I hope mine certainly do..:)
xo ~ Jessica






2 comments:
YAY!! I jave been missing your blog posts!! i'm pretty excited!! hah
"I've been thinking a lot about my blog lately and the direction I want to go and all these ideas I have.. and then my mind gets going and I get so overwhelmed with the thought of everything that I just don't post at all." <<--ALL the time for me too!!!!
Just wanted to say, too, love your blog! :-) Looking forward to your coming posts!
Post a Comment