Friday, May 4, 2012

{Jessica Wears}: A Sweater in Spring


outfit: turquoise knit sweater, dots (no tag) | light pink tunic, gifted | olive green cord skirt, smart set
accessories: loafers, spring | pink tights, joe fresh | silver hair bow, h&m
Happy Friday friends!

Why, you might be asking, is a young and happenin' (hah!) chick like me at home, blogging on a Friday night?  :)  Right?  You're asking yourself that, right?
;)

Doubtful, but I'll fill ya in anyway.. :D

This has just been the type of Friday where where I do not want to do one domestic/work-related thing at all.  I wanted to walk through the door at 4:30, have Tyler waiting with keys in hand, asking me where I want to go for supper (well, I'd love to go to Earl's hun!  Thanks for asking!).  We'd stop at Menchies after for dessert (new frozen yogurt joint in town).  Then we'd head home where I would draw a bath, lather on an old school green face mask and basically clock out for the rest of the night.  I don't want to go to the gym, I don't want to make my lunch for the next day, I don't want to get my clothes ready for the next day, I don't want to take meat out the freezer for supper the next day, I don't want to do anything week-night related at all.
  
Well, instead, I had to make supper tonight (so lame.) and then for some reason I got the brainwave to switch out my fall/winter wardrobe to my spring/summer one.  If you follow me on Twitter, I've already complained about it there... Does anyone else find it a HUGE job?!  I feel like it's such an accomplishment when I'm done and really, it took me... hmmm...? maybe the better part of 45 minutes and that's it.  
After I'm done, I climb the stairs like some warrior returning from the battlefield that is my closet and dresser. :)
After switching my seasonal clothes out, I took a bag of old clothes to Value Village (don't be jealous of my glamorous evening, you guys), ran an errand for a couple in our Wednesday night meeting (actually didn't mind doing that at all :)) and then decided to stop at Menchies and try it out for a reward of my efforts in the battlefield tonight.. haha..  At least one part of my fantasy night came true.  
And yes, it was awesome.  And yes, I also tweeted about it.  :)
(You should all get Twitter and we can follow each other.  It's AWESOME.  *peer pressure*)

So the big closet switcheroo is done..... 
.....and that leads me to this outfit.  :)

I wore this a few days ago... it's been such a grey couple of weeks here... rain, cold and just dull.  Bare trees.  Brown fields.  The greenery is taking it's sweet time showing up on lawns and shrubs.  Just .... bbblllaahhh... (say it really slow with your tongue out.  Ya, like that. Perfect).
So, a sweater seems perfectly reasonable in this weather.  And the bright turquoise colour with the pink chevron print make it spring-appropriate.  Also, the cord skirt is now put away for a few months (cord = fall fabric.  Totally, right?) so I wanted to give it a proper farewell, considering it's a fave of mine. :)

Oh and just for an FYI, I'm wearing blue and yellow today after being all inspired, but the outfit fell a little flat, I think.  I might take pictures of it anyway and post them another time if nothing better comes along to talk about. ;)  

Sorry if I sound kind of bitter and cranky in this post.  I really should play out the rest of my evening and draw a bath and do a face mask.  It might improve my mood.
  
A little Michael Buble and some tea sounds fab, too. :) 
Done and done.


xo ~ Jessica

No comments: